Saturday, August 13, 2011

Baked Eggs

I have been sifting through my thrift-store cookbooks for items to feature on my blog, Recollected Recipes. But typing all of those recipe cards (and reading them) made me hungry, so I tried a new recipe from Cane River Cuisine this morning.

6 tsp butter
6 eggs
6 tsp grated Cheddar cheese
6 tsp crumbled bacon
6 tbsp minced parsley
Salt and Pepper
Worcestershire
Paprika
Tabasco or Sriracha

Using a six-cup muffin tin, place 1 tsp butter in each cup. Gently break egg into each cup and sprinkle with 1 tsp cheese, 1 tsp cooked bacon, and 1 tsp parsley. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, paprika and hot sauce to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 min. or until eggs are done until desired consistency. Serves 4 to 6.

Note: I cooked for 15 min. and the yolk was about the consistency of a hard-boiled egg, so if you want it runnier you may want to try 10 min. Also, I would spray the muffin tins with non-stick spray next time. I served it over a whole wheat English muffin. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment