Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Super Bowl Snap Peas!

 


Did the exclamation point help?! ;)

I know Sugar Snap Peas with Sesame does not, at first glance, sound like the perfect Super Bowl food, but how many cheesy dips can your stomach take? And Ina's recipe is like popcorn or edamame - you won't be able to have just one! And how much simpler could this recipe be? 

The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook is unabashedly a party food cookbook, but I'm still surprised by the serving sizes. That has stopped me from making quite a few recipes. (Baked Virginia Ham for 35, anyone?) So I was thankful for a recipe that was very easy to half!

While experimenting, I did half with a dash of mirin in addition to the sesame oil. They were equally good - just different. You will definitely need sea salt to taste too!

This one is Super Bowl-worthy. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment