Saturday, February 7, 2015

Short Rib Chili Cheese Grits with Turnip Greens


It all started with Melissa Clark's recipe for Short Rib Chili Nachos right before the Super Bowl.  I found out the hard way to never start reading to your husband about mountains of soft, spicy, chile-braised short ribs, rivers of molten cheese, soft mounds of salsa, hillocks of guacamole, and creamy pools of sour cream unless you're willing to spend three hours making nachos... And they were yummy, but I thought the fantastic sauce was a bit wasted on nachos. (I mean, you had me at cheese and chips.)

Said hubby had the thought of adding them over my cheese grits, which I thought was brilliant. We made it tonight (halving the recipe this time) and served it with turnip greens on the side.

Next up, I'm trying her sauce from this recipe over a beef roast in the crockpot. I'll report back afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment