Monday, June 27, 2016

Marinated Red Onions

I'm cooking my way through How to Cook Like a Southerner and Live to Tell the Tale! Next up: Marinated Red Onions.

Marinated Red Onions

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon or 1 tsp dried
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup red onions
1/2 lb red onions, peeled and sliced

Mix the first four ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil and pour over the sliced onions. Refrigerate overnight.

Courtney says she keeps these in the fridge to garnish salads or cooked peas or beans. I think it would be great on sandwiches and hamburgers too...or right out of the jar.



I used it in this Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus tonight and it was yummy! (I did not use the basil because there is so much tarragon in with the onions - and I also just used a bit of the oil and vinegar from the marinated red onions in the bruschetta blend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment