Have a picky foodie on your holiday shopping list? Check out these seven Mississippi cookbooks that make great holiday gifts (and also let you share your love of Mississippi at the holidays too).
- Come On In – Contains 385 triple-tested recipes from the Junior League of Jackson and includes a fish guide in the back.
- The Mississippi Cookbook – Features over 1,200 recipes from all over the state (pared down by the state Cooperative Extension Service after collecting over 7,000 recipes). A special section includes the favorite recipes of the wives of former governors.
- Fine Dining Mississippi Style: Signature Recipes from Mississippi’s Restaurants and Bed & Breakfast Inns by John M. Bailey. Features more than 350 recipes and also serves as a fine dining guide for the state.
- Vintage Vicksburg - In its ninth printing, this cookbook by the Junior League of Vicksburg offers over 900 recipes, beautiful color photographs and local historic scenes.
- New South Grilling by Robert St. John – St. John shows why grilling is not just for the main course and even shares what non-Southerners should know about Southern food. (And this is a great gift for the grillmaster on your shopping list!)
- Square Table Cookbook – A collection of recipes from Oxford, with artists and authors who hold Oxford dear thrown in for lagniappe.
- Best of the Best from Mississippi – Fifty-three of Mississippi’s favorite cookbooks contributed their most popular 400 recipes to this Quail Ridge Press compilation.